Friday, July 23, 2010

The Cliche Intro

Ah, this is quite important isn't it? First impressions are the only impressions as I've heard. So it's difficult to decide how I want to come off. Not too deep, because I feel like blogs are sometimes deep competitions between people to see who can sound the most profound. So I'll try not to be something I'm not and not use huge words that annoy people and I'll try not to ramble, which is quite difficult for me.
I've been talking about doing this blog for months, and considering it even more in my own mind. For some reason, I always think much too deeply into things. I try and see things that aren't there and I interpret way too much. In some cases that's not a good thing at all. But most of the time it's quite entertaining, as long as I don't let it influence my actions. I love talking about feelings and things that go on within the human mind. Once you get me started talking about it, I can't really stop.
So back to the blog itself. With this interesting little web page I'll dump my miscellaneous thoughts that I feel the need to share (with nobody actually, because I plan on telling no one about this, due to a fear of extreme judgement). Since I haven't contemplated anything today, or yesterday I'll list and describe my main "contemplation" example.

I Contemplated Mascara a Couple Months Ago...
So mascara, a simple, daily thing that we're usually too tired to think about while we're putting it on. But when I thought about it, I thought, "How strange... a black paste that we glop on the hair that grows from our eyelids to enhance beauty."
So by thinking this I thought about all make-up and how truly strange the whole multi-billion dollar industry is. All make-up to me is just an annoyance. Make-up is simply powders and pastes that we put on our faces to what, enhance beauty? In my opinion, the way some girls and sometimes boys wear make-up is very scary and distracts from more positive qualities about them. But I can't lie, a little powder, mascara, eyeliner and some blush and a little eyeshadow can do a girl some good. When it is done in accordance with natural beauty, and not scary clown type stuff. So basically, let natural beauty show through in your properly maked-up face and let your light shine through your lightly lined and mascara-ed eyes.
Hesitantly,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment